Jesus said to them, "Let the little children come to me, do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these." Mark 10:14



Saturday, November 13, 2010

Saturday morning

I was just sitting here, enjoying this Saturday morning, relaxing.  We've spent the morning reading and playing with Lego's.  I've been enjoying hearing the sounds of my children playing together with Lego's here in the living room (normally they're in the basement playing but they took a big tub up in the living room).  It's so relaxing and peaceful, warm under my Packer blanket as I listen to the wind outside and the sounds of their voices.  And then a thought triggers.  How at this very moment I "could" be maybe holding or nursing or gazing at our precious baby boy.  To think of the added joy he'd add to our enjoyable Saturday morning at home.  How much more fun would it be to have another child in our home to love, nurture and watch grow!  I wish that as I sat here, listening to the children exclaiming over their Lego creations, typing away, that I was also snuggling my baby boy.  Oh, how I long for that day to hold my three heavenly babies close!!!  I'm so thankful that as I think about all of this I no longer get angry or burst into tears.  As much as I long for my baby, there is a certain wave of peace that washes over me.  Peace that can only come from God, as He's shaped and pruned me these past few months.  All glory to Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment